One need to be very careful. Family friend sells 3 year old girl for N20,000




A three-year-old girl, Success Onyeisi was
kidnapped from her home on December 22,
2015 and hasn't been seen since then.
The toddler was allegedly kidnapped by a
neighbour and supposed family friend,
Emmanuel Okpara, who during the search of
missing 3 year old, helped the toddler's father,
Godwin Onyeisi, look for the girl, until he was
accused by people who saw him with the
child about the time she reportedly went
missing.
Her father, a commercial motorcyclist said he
has spent all his savings, about N60,000, on
police investigations and other logistics to no
avail.
Based on the accusation, Okpara has been
arrested and transferred to the Special Anti-
Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, where he
allegedly confessed that he sold the toddler
for N20,000 but didn't say who the buyer was
or where he could be located.
The little girl's father, Godwin Onyeisi said:

“The worst part is that he (Okpara)
followed me to all the places I went to in
search of my daughter, with the same
clothe he wore when he kidnapped her.

“He followed me on my motorcycle to all
the palaces of the Baales, all the streets
and all the police stations we visited,
until people who saw him with her about
the time she went missing, told us and
the police that he was the kidnapper,”
Onyeisi said.
He continued:

“My older children went to fetch water at
the well in a nearby compound. They
went with other children in our yard. So,
because we were planning to travel, my
wife left Success who was watching
cartoon in the room and rushed to the
market.

“She was the one who called me that
they have been looking for Success and
have not seen her. Initially I didn’t really
take her seriously because I did not think
anyone will want to harm me or my
family.

“When I came back and they have not
seen her yet, I started going round the
neighbourhood asking questions.

“As we were going round to ask people,
the Baales were sending messages
through town criers that anyone that saw
her should come forward with the
information.

“For two days, we went round in search
of my daughter and my neighbour was
with me all through the period. He was
wearing the same red T-shirt that people
saw him with while he took my daughter
away. But he was following me as if he
did not know anything about her
disappearance.

“From December 23, we started hearing
information that he was seen with my
daughter, but I did not believe it because
Success is very close to him. I have
been very good to his family; I even
connected my generator to his house to
give them light.

“Whenever my daughter is given food, she
will take it to eat with him. Once we bath her,
she will take her clothe to him to wear for
her. She usually slept in their house, so I did
not want to believe that he was behind her
disappearance.

“But three women later came to our house,
among the three was a woman he bought
bottled water from while he was with my
daughter. So, the woman now said he saw
him with my daughter and that after drinking
from the water, he gave my daughter to drink
and they left.

“I still did not believe what they were saying. I
told them to stop lying against him until my
wife got angry and went and reported to the
police that I was also a suspect. That was
how I was arrested with him on December 25
and we slept at the station.

“He was still denying it, until the women and
all those who saw him with my daughter
came to the police station and identified him.

“They even described the clothe he was
wearing, which happened to be the same
clothe he wore while he was following me
about. That was how the police detained him.

“After some days, he confessed that he was
the one who took her and that he sold her for
N20,000 through somebody else to a man
who lives in Okota.

“He said he cannot remember the man and
the middle man who took the baby to the
buyer usually stayed at a woman’s house
here in Coconut.

“I have been going from church to church and
they keep telling me that my daughter is alive.

“Okpara should let me know if he has killed
my daughter. If my baby is still alive, he
should say where she is. How can a man like
that kidnap a little girl and since then he
doesn’t want to say where she is? Police need
to put pressure on him to say where my baby
is.

“I have spent all my savings on the
investigation of this matter. I have been giving
the police money so that the case is not
slowed down. Now I don’t even have money
to pay for the school fees of my other
children,” he said.

The woman in whose house the middleman
usually slept was arrested but later released
because she knew didn't know anything about
the case.
It was gathered that the middleman gave the
child to a chief, who handed her over to his
prophet for sacrifice.
All the locations mentioned by Okpara have
been visited by the police but the child still
hasn't been found.

The Police have launched a manhunt for the
buyer and the prophet he allegedly gave the
child to. The investigation is supposedly still
ongoing.

Comments