Robbery suspect say he  steal properties in Ghana to sell in Togo, Lagos

One Wasimi Dennis, a 32 year-old trans-border
robbery suspect who was arrested by operatives of
the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, in Agbole area of
Orile, Lagos, weekend, confessed that robbery
operation was easier to carry out in other West
African countries than in Nigeria.
According to the Delta state born ex-convict
who claims to be a drop-out of the Sapele
Technical College, said he went into robbery
in his bid to survive.
According to him, “robbery operation is easier
to carry out in other West African countries
like Ghana because they are less security
conscious.”
In his confessional statement while being
paraded at the Orile Police Division in Lagos,
Dennis said, “I was released from prison
about a year ago. I am an expert in break-in-
robbery; I operate in Ghana, along West Africa
Coast.
“My major operations were in Ghana because
Ghanaians are not security conscious unlike
Nigeria where security is tight. In Ghana,
nobody would challenge you. All the items I
stole from Ghana were sold in Lome, Togo
and Lagos.
“If I have a large quantity of items to dispose,
one Qudus was always the right man for me
to call. He would collect the items, sell them
and return the money.
‘’One I.K also bought stolen items in large
quantity from me. He once had a shop in
Church Street junction, Oshodi but presently,
he has relocated to China.
“Those machetes found inside my apartment
in Agbole Orile belong to some area boys,
social miscreants, who are operating in a
garage nearby. They kept them there for easy
access whenever there is crisis among them.
The boys are called Spartacus,” the 32-year-
old added.
Dennis said, “I break into people’s houses and
steal their properties and personal effects like
mobile phones, laptops, jewellery and other
personal effects. I used to bring the stolen
items to Nigeria to sell.”
He claimed to have repented shortly after
serving his jail term and took up a job as a
sales representative in a fabric shop on Lagos
Island.
According to him, “After I dropped out of
Sapele Technical College, I came to Lagos to
learn music. After which my father opened a
shop for me, where I was managing before
things were a bit difficult for me. So I decided
to go into house-breaking and stealing to
survive.
“I was into this for about six years. All the
houses I have operated are in Festac area
because I know much about the area,” Dennis
confessed.
Confirming the arrest, the state Police Public
Relations Officer, Joe Offor, displayed items
recovered from the suspect to include a
laptop, which he (Dennis) confessed to have
stolen in one of his operations in Ghana, and
three machetes which were concealed in the
walls of the hideout.
The PRO said all hands were on deck to
apprehend other members who are now at
large, adding that the suspect will help the
police in their investigation.

Comments