Health scare for Pope Francis as he is unable to stand at Vatican speech



Fears for the health of Pope Francis have
resurfaced after he was unable to stand at an
official event, explaining that he was 'not
feeling strong.'
Addressing Vatican officials in a Christmas
speech on Monday, Francis said he had the
flu. He said:
'Dear brothers and sisters, Forgive me for
not standing up as I speak to you, but for
some days I've been suffering from flu
and I am not feeling very strong. With
your permission, I'll speak to you sitting
down.'
The pope has been unsteady of his feet at
times in recent months, stumbling several
times in public. Last week he celebrated his
79th birthday.
In November as walked up the steps in the
Basilica of St John Lateran in Rome he
seemingly tripped on his robes, forcing nearby
priests to grasp his arms and help him up the
steps.
The same week he tripped as he walked up
some steps in St Peter's Square, this time
being brought to his hands and knees.

Comments