Drug Suspect Hides Cocaine In Anus and was Arrest at the airport By NDLEA

Maxwell Obumneme Ikeh has been arrested
by the National Drug Law Enforcement
Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed
International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos
for alleged possession of hard drugs.
The Nation reports that the suspect, who
was on his way into the country from Brazil
with drugs packed in six wraps weighing
120g, tested positive for cocaine inserted in
his anus.
One of the suspects arrested by the NDLEA.
Tochukwu Akumma Nwakpo, another
suspect, was also arrested while trying to
export a consignment containing 1.860kg of
methamphetamine sealed in tinned tomato
paste to South Africa.
Explaining the details of their offences,
NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander Ahmadu
Garba said that Ikeh, 40, and Nwakpo, 27,
had targeted the festive period to smuggle
drugs into the country.

Apprehended At MMIA
“Intelligence report received by the agency
indicated that the suspects specifically
targeted the festive season to smuggle their
drugs. Ikeh was caught on arrival while
Nwakpo that hid methamphetamine in
tomato paste meant for export to South
Africa was equally arrested,” Nwakpo
explained.
In his confession, Ikeh said it was his first
time of dealing in drugs.
He said: “I am married with a child and live
in Lagos. I sell children diapers and clothes
but travelled to Brazil two months ago
expecting to buy my goods at a cheaper
price. In the process, I decided to smuggle
120 grammes of cocaine for monetary
gains.
“I inserted six wraps of the drugs into my
anus yet it was detected and that was how
I was arrested. This is my first time.”
Nwakpo who deals in automobile parts at
Ladipo Market in Mushin, Lagos, said he
was only assisting a friend to send a
consignment of foodstuff to South Africa.
“I sell motor parts at Ladipo market. My
friend in South Africa asked me to send a
luggage to him. He called somebody in
Lagos who brought the bag to me and I
took it to the airport for shipment. During
search, the drug was detected and I was
arrested,” he confessed.

Comments