Buhari will unveil his ministers before
September 30 – Presidency reassures



The Presidency has once again assured Nigerians
that President Muhammadu Buhari would release
his ministerial list before the September 30
deadline.
The presidency spoke against the backdrop of
concerns in some quarters that Buhari might
not unveil his ministers before the month
ends.
Of concern is also the current travails of the
senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki at the
Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, which many
Nigerians fear may make the deadline not
feasible.

However, Special Adviser to the president on
Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, while
speaking with Vanguard on the issue stated
that Nigerians needed not to worry as the
deadline given by president Mohammadu
Buhari to form his cabinet has not yet
elapsed.
He said: “Time given has not yet elapsed and
the president himself said if by September 30,
there is no cabinet, you should come and ask
him questions. That is it.”
It will be recalled that the president had in his
visit to Ghana on September 7 told
Journalists that he would unfailingly
constitute his cabinet on or before the end of
September.
“After I was sworn-in, I said I will have my
cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians
should ask me questions after the 30th of
September if I do not do so,” he said.

Comments